Using Social Sites!

Tired of ads
on this site?

Global Warming... What do you Believe?

Discussion Forum on Show Your Dick

Page #23

Pages:  #1... #17   #18   #19   #20   #21   #22   #23   #24   #25   #26  

Started by #485312 [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 18:50
Fact or Fiction.... is it really happening???
what do you think contributes to it and what is
being done to stop it?

New Comment       Rating: -1  

Comments:
By phart [Ignore] 10,Jun,21 14:24 other posts 
only registered users can see external links
Are humans causing this?

This is a threat to our very lives.

UM.Something ol Greta didn't think about?

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 11,Jun,21 13:07 other posts 
Sure, I know about this. The magnetic poles has shifted a few times. During the shift, the earth is less protected from solar wind. That has the potential to destroy the ozone layer. It can be devastation to nature and the next time it happens we would be pretty rough.

However, scientist measure the magnetic field and there is nothing going on with it. That article is talking about 41,800 years ago. In just decades there is rapid rising of the global CO2 concentration and huge deforestation. Even a basic understanding of physics is enough to link that with the rising global average temperature. It's good to look at alternative explanations and scientists do and they conclude that all those other factors cannot cause what is observed.

Would you care if climate scientists are right and earth is actually heating up to mass extinction levels?
If it is possible to prevent that, without going back to the stone age, would you still prefer we didn't even try?
By #623135 14,Jun,21 10:40
Let’s change the orbit of the moon
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 14,Jun,21 12:28 other posts 
To 0 km, that will solve everything!

By #623135 14,Jun,21 10:34
Republican congressman suggests changing moon's orbit to fight climate change

I’m with him. The simple solutions always work best

By #642596 14,Jun,21 09:10
As long as trees are being cut down,replaced with asphalt roads,the earth can't cool like it needs ,when it's hot outside we look for shade, the earth needs it to

By tecsan [Ignore] 10,Jun,21 00:27 other posts 
Hoax...Sure things change, but takes years that no living person can vision...
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 10,Jun,21 13:55 other posts 
I'm sure you are saying this after an extensive investigation of the facts.
My personal investigation results in the opposite conclusion; I noticed it got hotter during my life. Also not as many bugs anymore lately, which is more comfortable, but makes me worry about nature.
Also, I can read and understand scientific articles and see that their data, methods and arguments are correct.
Then I hear arguments of politicians, saying climate change is a hoax, with very stupid arguments and I know that they are lying. Then I take a look at their wealth and how
they got it and I understand why they are lying.
By phart [Ignore] 10,Jun,21 14:13 other posts 
Most of what scientist do is make theory's. Facts are scant sometimes.

Has your personal investigation included determining who is paying for the work of scientist trying to prove climate change?
By Strongmember# [Ignore] 10,Jun,21 14:35 other posts 
Ok. I challenge you to this:

Count the money behind "people paying for work of scientists trying to prove climate change" and the potential payoff.

Compare this count to the money funding "scientists" , websites, movements, lobbyists, politicians, etc. and the potential payoff for having the public unsure about the cause of climate change, thus allowing government to respond with appropriate legislation/regulation.

I would like to see the thorough count, por favor.
By phart [Ignore] 10,Jun,21 17:13 other posts 
Ok, so since you seem to know so much more than me, why is it up to me to try to figure out where to look? If climate change is so important to folks like yourself why isn't the info you are asking me to find not already out there for folks to read? Info such as who paid the bills?

It is blatantly obvious the truth is not to be had thru common media sources.This internet is so bleached,it is white as snow for truth.

I am not dismissing your challenge ,I ask what I think is a good question. And I have looked around for some answers but came up short on anything I can trust. You could use the dr faulchy gate for a example of what I am referring to as to who is paying the bills.
By Strongmember# [Ignore] 10,Jun,21 20:12 other posts 
I will admit I have done a good portion of one half, which is finding the money behind "entities that would prefer climate change debunked." For years it has largely been petroleum invested corporations. Now I think we can all agree, whether these folks lobbied against climate change or not, that petroleum stands to benefit immensely if man-made climate change were to be dismissed.

How about other energy industries.. Coal? God help me if I was in charge I would give all the coalminers in the US free pension for life and shut down the industry. I believe it is the greedy folks on top who use the coalminers to their political benefit every election. It is still an ok energy source but outdated, soon extinct.

Before I ramble, you can check lobbying dollars spent on US Senate and Congressman per industry. Oil has been consistently up there for years.

I will concede, one of the biggest spenders recently was Healthcare Industry, and they went hard for Biden, which is potentially corrupt as well, just to show that I am kind of person to follow the numbers and data, even if it disappoints my original thesis.

Cheers!
By phart [Ignore] 10,Jun,21 22:37 other posts 
We may not always agree but hey,you have done your research,that is good.!
phart, you are always very confident that climate change doesn't exist or that it exists but it is not caused by us. Either conviction requires facts. So what facts convince you?

And why are the facts that support climate change not convincing to you?

Do you have reason to think the following facts are not true?
- The burning of fossil fuels has raised the global CO2 concentration.
- Humanity has destroyed one-third of all forest in the world (an area twice the size of the United States).
- The average global temperature has risen higher than ever, during at least the last 2000 years.

Because the only people who can tell us are scientists. And if we don't even agree on the facts, we can never agree on the conclusions.

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 10,Jun,21 13:41 other posts 
Rep. Gohmert: Change Moon's Orbit For Climate!

By phart [Ignore] 02,Jun,21 15:42 other posts 
OK here is a page about a volcano causing major issues.Matter of fact,mentions a more recent event in the 1800's.
I think alot of us have been trying to explain this for years and NO one will listen.SO HERE,READ the science.

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 03,Jun,21 14:31 other posts 
This article explains no correlation between climate and volcano eruptions, because there is none or at least not at the moment. Volcano eruptions can affect the temperature on earth for years, but that is not a 'climate' effect. Climate is an average over decades. The average global temperature has been rising for many decades now. The only viable explanation for this is the rising carbon dioxide concentration.

The ozone layer also has none or little effect on climate change. People were worried about the ozone layer, because it protects us (and the rest of nature) against harmful UV radiation. That's why governments agreed to stop using ozone destroying chemicals, with regulation.
That actually helped, which shows that humanity IS capable of preventing the destruction of life on earth. Now, let's do that for climate change, before it's too late.

["The latest WMO/UN Environment Programme Scientific Assessment of Ozone Depletion, issued in 2018, concluded that the ozone layer on the path of recovery and to potential return of the ozone values over Antarctica to pre-1980 levels by 2060."]
By phart [Ignore] 03,Jun,21 14:41 other posts 
Research the earlier names of climate change,such as the global cooling theory of the 60's and 70's.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 03,Jun,21 15:00 other posts 
Global cooling was not a 'theory'.

A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world and universe that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results.

It's the job of scientists to research everything that is considered important enough by enough people. Researching a subject says nothing about the validity of the proposed hypothesis. In fact, many hypotheses are researched to disprove them.

There was never any consensus about global cooling HYPOTHESIS.
By phart [Ignore] 03,Jun,21 20:33 other posts 
Climate change is something that is happening naturally,so there will always be some evidence to support it.
Rather we humans all fart ourselves to death over night and the earth is barren of live humans in 48 hours.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 06,Jun,21 08:03 other posts 
You have seen this chart before.
Can you explain how that's happening naturally?

If I use the same level of argumentation you are using, I could say "There is no immigration crisis, because people have been migrating over the earth over the whole of human history." I suspect you would like some deeper arguments then,
don't you?

So, "Climate change is something that is happening naturally" is also shallow drivel.

By Lvphose [Ignore] 14,Mar,21 04:01 other posts 
When my local weather people can’t say where the line of delineation between rain & snow 48 hrs out no way in hell anybody can tell me they know centuries from now what the conditions will be. Secondly they say the science is settled I call BS! Science is never settled!
By #610414 15,Apr,21 14:37
The line between rain and snow is too fluid to make definite predictions but, they can tell you rain and snow is coming.
So, what if you're wrong?

If you think the earth is flat, most people think you are crazy, but it doesn't do much harm.
If you think the earth is 6000 years old and evolution is bullshit, that mostly isn't that harmful either.

However, if you're wrong and all the scientists are right about climate change, that means you're not part of the progress humanity needs to prevent the biggest crisis in the history of humanity, mass extinction, probably the end of humanity and maybe even the end of all life on earth. What is your reason for taking that chance?
By Lvphose [Ignore] 16,Apr,21 05:57 other posts 
All the scientist do not come to the same conclusion! Look to Covid for the most recent issue that scientist do not all come to the same conclusion! Differences in treatments, differences in public policy, to lockdown or not to lock down!
It’s funny nobody cares about the alligator crisis!

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 16,Apr,21 10:13 other posts 
With regards to Covid, all scientists do come to the same conclusion; that it exists (just like climate change). There might be some difference in the details, but the research on Covid has just started. The science on climate change has been going on for the last 60 years at least.

Lockdown or not is not a scientific issue it's a political one. All virologists agree that human contact increases the risk of spreading the virus, just as all climate scientists agree that the average global temperature rises, when the CO2 concentration rises, from deforestation and the use of fossil fuels.

Nobody cares about the alligator crisis, because obviously the data on which it's based is incorrect. It states that last year Americans had their feet bitten by alligators 3,618,524 times. And then they don't even know if the number refers to the number of feet or people. Very funny, but you are a blithering idiot if you think that is science.
By Lvphose [Ignore] 16,Apr,21 06:12 other posts 
The United States has been kicking ass in the world wide attempt to reduce emissions, that is all with no Paris (shakedown agreement). Why are some nations allowed to go full throttle on emissions but others are targeted for reduction! Simple, follow the money! When governments do not produce anything that has consumer value to market, I-phone, Amazon etc etc they need to do an income grab! Obama care grabbed a particular percentage of the citizenry’s income, climate change is another heavily promoted from “centralized government “ can you say politburo! America has been moving the ball without the “control” sought by the pols & mantras for the issue.

A religion does not require a deity to be a religion! Climate change is a religion! What happens if you go against the climate change religion? Well they seek to excommunicate you! Just as the deity religions do!

I think everyone should listen to “another crisis” it is only approx. 3 min 30 sec.

Another crisis by Thomas Sowell
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 16,Apr,21 10:16 other posts 
"The United States has been kicking ass in the world wide attempt to reduce emissions"
Really? Well, that would shut me up, if it was true.
Do you have some reliable data on that?
By phart [Ignore] 16,Apr,21 11:26 other posts 
Reducing emissions to a point of being safe for the environment would put the humans back into the stone age.
Manufactoring,and creating alternative energy has side effects just as burning gasoline.
Check the dirt around the galanized racks that solar panels are mounted on in the solar farms popping up everywhere.There is 1 just accross the river from me,100 acres. the soil is contaminated and can not grow food for over 25 years after the racks are removed.Also,ground water for our wells is affected.
You are trading 1 problem for 2 others.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 18,Apr,21 13:12 other posts 
You think the pollution from galvanized solar penal racks (which is just a layer of zinc) compares only in the slightest with the pollution from oil and coal extraction?

As we speak, beaches are covered in oil so bad that it takes years to recover. Fracking has already poisoned drinking water in North Dakota. Enormous areas of land are destroyed in Canada for tar sands. The mining of Lignite (brown coal) in Germany has has left deep scars on the landscape on an area of over 600 km2.

And you are worried about galvanized solar penal racks?
It is not even necessary to use zinc for that. There are biodegradable coatings or you can use aluminum frames. You don't even need frames, if you put solar panels on rooftops.

My god, what a ridiculous argument against renewable energy.
By phart [Ignore] 18,Apr,21 14:55 other posts 
How ridicules' to deny the issue.
I wasn't using that 1 argument to shut down the whole solar show,just demonstrating the problems being created.
Even if your remark 'Reducing emissions to a point of being safe for the environment would put the humans back into the stone age' would be true (which it's not), would living in the stone age not be better, than living in hell?
You didn't answer my question.
What if you're wrong and we are actually living in the last 10 years in which humanity can still prevent climate change at a level that will be catastrophically bad?
By phart [Ignore] 03,Jun,21 20:39 other posts 
The dinosaurs didn't have a choice did they?
The time will come when humans time on earth is over .We can either enjoy our time here or die suffering in all ways imaginable. Economically, socially, politicly and etc. Climate changers are kinda like a damn Home owners association. They want to impose rules on people to reduce freedom of choice and lifestyle.
In short, the climate changers are after 1 of our rights,the right to persue happiness.

By #485312 22,Apr,21 17:20
go America, telling aussies to reduce carbon emissions??? wow, coming from such a dirty highly polluted country, skinny old biden should be flexing his scrawny little fist at china, the filthiest country of them all, right next to india, another major polluter, but instead, they shake their skeletal fist at us??? 25 million people, one of the smallest nations, that the world has bullied for years to shake our minerals and resources out of us for the minimal prices, gee we've had china dictating to us for years, what they'll pay for all our stuff, from meat, wine, fresh foods .. and about time these world leaders used all this tech to hold their meetings instead of flying their fat arses all over the world for these junkets that do nothing, but give more privileged people time to bullshit to each other.. Ive not seen much action from them, no one puts verbs in their sentences. *lix*
By phart [Ignore] 22,Apr,21 21:07 other posts 
Well,Trust me,it is just the democrats trying to tell you folks how to live.Not most Americans with any common sense.
Unless China and other countrys decide they want to clean up their air,we could go back to horse and buggy and their emissions would travel the Jet Stream and pollute our air.
THe japaneese nuclear plant that was damaged in that bad earth quake,it's radiation can be detected in our crops growing in feilds in the midwest.
By #485312 22,Apr,21 21:54
yes, all the nuclear plants that have 'broken' have left a big mark on the worlds radiation levels. they haven't started to clean up these messes, theyre still trying to work out how to contain them from doing more damage.
I doesn't make any sense to me to keep this farce up, when we have farmers here driving around in battery operated cars, made from old wrecks with a bank of batteries, yet the 'leaders' of the world are dragging their knuckles on the ground, not really wanting to make cheaper more reliable means of fuels for transport with less of a footprint. we have the technology, they just don't like implementing anything that might be pinned back on them later if it fails.. the world has bought a big bag of cotton wool and wrapped itself in it... we need the 'buy a bag of concrete, and harden the fuck up' back.
I heard a saying the other day, something like, 'the stone age didn't finish because we ran out of stones, just like the "oil age" wont finish because we run out oil. we'll just find something better to take its place.' ??? *Lix*
"it is just the democrats trying to tell you folks how to live"
Unless if you are transgender or you got pregnant by mistake
and you don't want to deliver.

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 15,Apr,21 14:26 other posts 
Who has seen 'A Life On Our Planet' by David Attenborough?
We've just watched it on Netflix. It's beautiful, then it becomes depressing for a while,
but it ends with a very hopeful message. I can recommend it to anyone.
By #485312 18,Apr,21 17:10
I love all of David Attenboroughs docs, if you watch back some of the really early ones and the transitions he's made as he's became more educated on all things, he can see just in his life time the losses, and what a great champion for all of natures beauties, not just animal, but all things on this planet..he's had a very privileged life and job showing us all he can about our planet and what we share it with.. we need more like him to take the torch *lix*

By stiffone4u [Ignore] 21,Jan,21 21:07 other posts 
I was going to write about why it's true and very real, but I find that certain people lately believe that Fox news is more reliable than and amount of proof or science and will never believe facts. A million scientists can say it's a fact but one "news" reporter that pulls some guy with a science degree from Joe Bob school of rock huntin and they believe him.

Must be from wind mills.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 15,Apr,21 16:20 other posts 
Absolutely, but people believe this too:

By stiffone4u [Ignore] 15,Apr,21 16:34 other posts 
Unfortunately yes!
By Lvphose [Ignore] 16,Apr,21 06:21 other posts 
A plethora of scientist weighing in for climate change have no scientific expertise on the subject! You have posted a logic fallacy one of 7 major fallacies used in logical conclusions. The easiest to commit is the fallacy making ad. Hominem attacks! You can attack ones schooling, tv they watch all day long, but ad. Hominem attacks do not disprove a position and they sure don’t boost the position taken in the ad. Hominem attack!

Another crisis-it is brief and enlightening
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 16,Apr,21 09:40 other posts 
"A plethora of scientist weighing in for climate change have no scientific expertise on the subject!"
Sure, even economists have given their opinion on whether the science of climate change is correct, while they have no scientific expertise on the subject. However, most of the people arguing against the science of climate change have no scientific expertise on the subject, while the science is supported by all scientists that do have expertise on the subject.
Even though it takes complete ignorance about science to deny the science of climate change (or ulterior motives), it doesn't take a whole lot of scientific knowledge to recognize that the science is correct.

Your video does not disprove the science of climate change. This is ironically just one of these ad hominem attacks you were talking about.

By tecsan [Ignore] 16,Apr,21 03:23 other posts 
It is happening...But not on the scale the left wants us to believe in...

By #614425 15,Apr,21 15:43
Hogwash

By phart [Ignore] 06,Mar,21 09:25 other posts 
Ok, here is something to ponder.
If the earth has took 1 billon years to change the location of the land mass's,how can humans have changed the air in less than 100?
Also,the ocean is 1.5 inches wider each year.

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 09,Mar,21 04:45 other posts 
Humanity can destroy all life on earth in minutes. Just detonate all nukes.
By phart [Ignore] 10,Mar,21 08:21 other posts 
you are sadly very correct. With more and more folks getting access to nukes, the end could be closer than we would like
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 10,Mar,21 11:31 other posts 
Also the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was at maximum about 50 miles in diameter. It triggered a mass extinction, along with the end of almost three-quarters of the plant and animal species then living on Earth.
That was actually a climate change crisis from a singular event in one part of the world. However, humanity has destroyed 60% of the forests all over the world. Simultaneously we are burning a huge part of the oil that was created over hundreds of millions of years, in 100 years.
That's comparable to continues wildfires, 20 times bigger than all wildfires in the world combined, including the one that covered California in darkness in 2020.

And you can't understand how such a big impact on the world can upset the delicate balance of the climate?
By tecsan [Ignore] 13,Mar,21 23:14 other posts 
That I agree with...Just a political statement trying to gain popularity is basically it...

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #17   #18   #19   #20   #21   #22   #23   #24   #25   #26  

Show your Genitals